I must admit meal planning has not been my strongest suit in the past, but I’m striving to change that. If money were no option, I’d vote to hire a personal chef. 🙂 But, since we’re operating in the realm of reality, I guess I better continue planning …
My goal is to plan meals for seven days and shop accordingly. I figure I can handle seven! It’s bite-size and doable.
The following is a sampling of our family’s seven day meal plan:
- *Chili and cornbread
- Pizza (Super Bowl Sunday)
- Tilapia, broccoli, brown rice, fresh baked bread
- Turkey breast, stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce
- Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, zucchini
One consideration to bear in mind when meal planning is to scan the upcoming week’s calendar and plan a quick or easy dinner on the hectic nights. Tuesday, I know, will be a busy day for me this week, which is why I’m planning to have spaghetti that night. The kids could put that together for me if need be. (one of the perks of having teens!) 🙂
Perhaps my meal plan will inspire you! 🙂 I’ve typed up a master list of dinners our family enjoys, so I can easily pull from this when planning for the week ahead. I have found http://allrecipes.com/ to be a great resource to expand our meal repertoire.
Bonus ~ *My chili recipe:
- V-8 juice (1-2 bottles)
- Kidney, black, navy & great northern beans (We like variety!)
- 1 can of whole kernel corn
- ground beef or turkey
- chili powder, cumin, garlic & onion powder, salt (season to taste)